Friday, April 20, 2007

MORE THAT WAS THE TAX SEASON THAT WAS

I forgot to mention yesterday that all of my clients who were eligible claimed the standard telephone excise tax credit amount of $30.00 - $60.00.

My January client mailing told of the credit and explained that taxpayers could claim a standard amount, based on the number of exemptions on their return, or request a refund of the actual amount of excise tax paid on all household phones (landline and cell) by going through 43 months of phone bills. I told them not to send me their phone bills – there was no way I was going to waste time with this during the season. If they wanted to claim the actual amount they would have to calculate it themselves.

Nobody provided me with the actual amount of tax paid – so they all claimed the standard amount.

TTFN

No comments: