* ROTH AND COMPANY TAX UPDATES reports that Iowa has approved a Tax Amnesty program for later this year.
* Christine of FINANCIAL TIPS FOR WAHMS reports on a new online tool called the FAFSA4caster to help families predict whether they'll qualify for federal financial aid.
* My weekly email newsletter from the National Association of Tax Professionals reports that purchasers of qualified Ford Motor Company vehicles may continue to claim the full alternative motor vehicle credit through September 2007. The make, model and credit amount of the certified vehicles sold are:
· 2008 Ford Escape 2WD Hybrid - $3,000
· 2005, 2006, and 2007 Ford Escape 2WD - $2,600
· 2008 Ford Escape 4WD Hybrid - $2,200
· 2005, 2006, and 2007 Ford Escape 4WD - $1,950
· 2008 Mercury Mariner 4WD Hybrid - $2,200
· 2006 and 2007 Mercury Mariner 4WD - $1,950
· 2008 Mercury Mariner 2WD Hybrid - $3,000
FYI, I have posted a brief analysis of the provisions of the war funding bill that affect 1040 filers on the FEDERAL TAX UPDATE Page of my website.