Friday, July 13, 2007

WHAT A PIECE OF WORK IS THIS MAN!

“In my case, self-absorption is completely justified. I have never discovered any other subject quite so worthy of my attention.”

Who said that? No it wasn’t the cafone who the comics at CAPITAL STEPS might refer to as Tronald Dump, although I am sure he has thought it.

It was voiced by Clifton Webb as Waldo Lydecker in the classic film LAURA.

Speaking of Trump, it appears he has now sold his name to Staples to use on executive office chairs which sell for between $350 and $550. Who in their right mind would buy anything with the Trump name on it?

Did I tell you about his new ice cream line? Go to “
You Go Girl”.

Of course Trump couldn’t resist getting in a dig at Rosie when announcing his latest vanity product. When asked how Rosie would like the chairs he replied, “They’re not strong enough.” So OK, we get it – Rosie is plump. Big laugh! And, Donald, you have no wit.

I like how Greg Saitz of the Star Ledger Business Section signed off his article on the subject – “Good thing for Donald egos don’t weigh anything.”

No comments: