Here are some guidelines and instructions:
· Please submit your question via email to email@example.com, and be sure to put ASK THE TAX PRO QUESTION in the “Subject Line”.
· I will accept only general Form 1040 tax questions. Do not ask questions concerning corporation, partnership, trust or estate issues. This blog, and my tax practice, is limited to 1040 returns.
· I will also accept, if appropriate, questions on tax policy.
· Do not ask specific tax questions about your individual situation for which I am expected to provide detailed answers, with Tax Code references, free of charge. I make my living as a professional tax preparer and consultant. This is how I pay my bills. Would you email a doctor you have never met out of the blue and ask for a free diagnosis?
· Do not ask a question about state tax law or a state tax issue unless the state is New Jersey.
· I will decide which questions I choose to answer on the blog. I will let you know via email if and when your question appears once it has been posted. If I decide not to answer your question I will generally tell you why in an email.
· If I answer your question on the blog and you find the answer helpful, or if you do not understand any part of the answer, or if you have a follow-up question, please tell me by posting a comment. Readers of the blog are also welcome to weigh in on my answers. If you agree, or disagree, with a part of all of my answer, or have something to add, please post a comment. Please be advised that I do “moderate” all comments – they are not automatically posted.
OK, so any questions?