Monday, January 28, 2008

PARDON MY RANT

I often get an email from a client that basically says “I have some questions. Please call me at XXX-XXXX.” I got one such email over a week ago.

I am notoriously bad at returning phone calls. In the last weeks before the beginning of the “tax season” I am busy running around stocking up on food, office supplies and tax forms and getting shorn, and cleaning the apartment and finishing last minute work. Once the season begins, forget about it.

I will finally call the person who left the email later today. But if instead of telling me to call the email had said, “I have some questions. Here they are” and had listed the questions, the client would have gotten his answers almost immediately!

I am usually in the "office" between 6:00 and 7:00 AM in the morning – even earlier during the tax season. After posting my blog entries (not during the tax season) the first thing I do is check my email. If possible, I immediately respond to client emails – while it would be too early in the morning to make a phone call if I were so inclined.

So a word to the wise among my clients – if you have a question or questions to ask me, when you email me do not tell me to call you so you can ask them. Just ask them right there in the email!

TTFN

No comments: