Thursday, October 23, 2008

THIS AND THAT

THIS –

You are all aware, or should be, of my weekly WHAT’S THE BUZZ feature, which appears every Saturday (except during my tax season hiatus). I bring you links to the best blog postings and online articles on tax-related topics from the week that I have come across in my “wanderings” on the web, often providing my own commentary on the subject.

I have created a new free monthly newsletter that does the same thing for personal finance and other topics titled FROM THE DESK OF ROBERT D FLACH. It is sort of a giant Personal Finance Blog Carnival – only I have personally selected the entries.

You can download a free copy of the premiere “issue” (in “pdf” format) by clicking HERE.

Each month as a new issue is published I will provide you with a link so you can download a copy.

And, of course, you are always welcome to suggest posts or articles on the subject that you feel would be of interest to my readers.

THAT -

While I have you I just wanted to let you know that the “35th Money Hacks Carnival - The 1925 Railroad Edition” is up and running at THE MONEY HACKS (“a place to discuss money for the rest of us”).

My post “Taxes 101 for Politicians” appears under the “Politics” category. Odd choice of category – though there is no “Taxes” category.

While you are there check out “10 Smart State Income-Tax Saving Strategies” from FIX MY PERSONAL FINANCE, included under the “Saving, Frugality and Shopping” heading. The author starts off with the excellent point, “You can’t do serious tax planning unless you take state and local taxes into account, too”.

I found “Are You Stupid for Paying Your Mortgage” from KIRBY ON FINANCE under “Dealing With The Economy” interesting, and also recommend “529 College Savings Plan” from PASSIVE FAMILY INCOME under “Investing”.

As somewhat of a train buff myself I enjoyed his pictures.

TTFN