* Kelly “TAXGIRL” Erb brings us some good news from the Supreme Court in her post “The Tribe/Supreme Court Has Spoken: Fat Naked Guy Stays in Jail”. “Fat Naked Idiot” Richard Hatch, poster boy for the multitude of complete idiots who abandon all self-respect to appear on a steaming pile of excrement that we call “reality tv”, “has lost his final challenge: the U.S. Supreme Court has declined to hear his appeal on tax evasion charges”. Kudos to the Court for a wise decision.
* Oops - they did it again! In its post “Fact Checking Tax Policy Discussion in the Final Presidential Debate” the Tax Foundation’s TAX POLICY BLOG tells us that “both candidates did make many of the same dishonest and misleading statements they've made in the past two debates and on the campaign trail” in Wednesday night’s debate.
* Bruce the TAXGUY ended the week with a guest post in his ongoing series on choosing a tax professional by Anonymous (is this the same person that posts so many comments on blogs) titled “Things Your Tax Pro May Not Tell You”. Be sure to read my lengthy comment on this post.
* Joe Kristan of the ROTH AND COMPANY TAX UPDATE BLOG points out that it was 77 years ago yesterday (Friday) that Al Capone was convicted of tax evasion.
* Just about every other tax blog is talking about “Joe the Plumber” (who TAXGIRL tells us is not really a plumber) from DON’T MESS WITH TAXES to TAXGIRL to MAULED AGAIN to the TAX POLICY BLOG to TAX PROF to the ROTH AND COMPANY TAX UPDATE BLOG and on and on. Pick one or two and read about Joe and his apparently more than fifteen minutes of fame.
* Thanks to Michael Rozbruch of the TAX RESOLUTION UNIVERSITY blog for the kind words in introducing my guest post on “5 Ways to Avoid IRS Tax Problems”. It is nice to know that I am thought of by my peers as “one of the blogosphere’s best tax bloggers”! If you haven’t already done so be sure to check out my post.