Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BLOG CARNIVAL UPDATE - AND OTHER "STUFF"

I am in a couple of Blog Carnivals so far this week –

(1) “11-17-08 Twenty-Something Finances-Carnival” at LIVING ALMOST LARGE, written by "a twenty-something DINK writing about my journey to one day live large".

My post “Keep A Copy” appears.

I recommend Editor’s Pick “Learning About the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act” from FREE DEBT CONSOLIDATION: QUALIFIED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.

(2) The premiere edition of the "Carnival of the Road to Financial Independence" at ONE FAMILY”S BLOG written by John about "a family seeking financial independence as quickly as possible and smelling roses on the way”.
.
My post “That Time of Year Again” is first under the “All Others” category (the last one).

Check out Michael presents the entry “Consumer Debt Worst Offenders: Banks, Advertisers, and Advisors” from Michael of Small Business Blog and “How to Stop Cold Drafts in Your Home and Save On Energy Bills” (hey, I like a cold draft every now and then – and expect to have several tonight at a semi-annual Boys Night Out) from Benjamin of Trees Full of Money, both under “Frugal Living”.

I was supposed to be in the first edition of the Carnival of Money Hawks at, appropriately, MONEY HAWKS, but I could not find my entry. Also I had expected to be in another Carnival on Nov 17th, but I guess it has been postponed.

You will also note that my sitemeter has reached 90,000 visits! I hope to make it to 100,000 by the end of the year.

While I have your attention I just wanted to say congratulations to Mike THE FINANCIAL BLOGGER on the 2-year anniversary of his personal finance blog.

Mike is sponsoring a contest with two (2) $100.00 cash prizes! Check out his post “The Financial Blogger’s 2nd Anniversary Contest – 2 Prizes of $100 Cash To Win”.

One last thing before I go – there was a great political cartoon on the Editorial Page of today’s Star Ledger.

Governor Jon Corzine is sitting at his desk reading the newspaper. The headline on the paper reads, “CHRIS CHRISTIE STEPS DOWN – POSSIBLE RUN FOR GOV?”.

Corzine’s aide says, “Look on the bright side. If Christie runs, you’ll definitely get the corrupt politician vote. That’s huge.”

How true. But I expect Corzine already has the corrupt politician vote sewed up.

TTFN

No comments: