Sunday, February 1, 2009

IT'S HERE!

Joy to the world - tax season’s here.
I’ll soon be flush with cash!
Let every client be organized,
and give me all I need, and give me all I need,
and give me all I need to prepare their returns!

My 38th tax season has officially begun - the floodgates have been open!

And now for what will be a February 1st tradition here at THE WANDERING TAX PRO - “The Twelve Days of Tax Season” -

On the first day of tax season my client gave to me a Closing Statement for the purchase of a home.
.
On the second day of tax season my client gave to me 2 W-2 forms.
.
On the third day of tax season my client gave to me 3 mortgage statements.
.
On the fourth day of tax season my client gave to me 4 Salvation Army receipts.
.
On the fifth day of tax season my client gave to me 5 Form K-1s.
.
On the sixth day of tax season my client gave to me 6 1099s for dividends.
.
On the seventh day of tax season my client gave to me 7 cancelled checks.
.
On the eighth day of tax season my client gave to me 8 useless items.
.
On the ninth day of tax season my client gave to me 9 medical bills.
.
On the tenth day of tax season my client gave to me 10 stock sale confirms.
.
On the eleventh day of tax season my client gave to me 11 employee business expenses.
.
On the twelfth day of tax season my client got from me a finished tax return, 11 employee business expenses, 10 stock sale confirms, 9 medical bills, 8 useless items, 7 cancelled checks, 6 1099s for dividends, 5 Form K-1s, 4 Salvation Army receipts, 3 mortgage statements, 2 W-2 forms, and a Closing Statement for the purchase of a home.
.
And, of course, on the thirteenth day of tax season the client gave to me a corrected Consolidated 1099 from Wachovia Securities!

SO LONG, FAREWELL, AUF WIEDERSEHEN, GOOD NIGHT!

As is my custom, due to the demands of the filing season I will be taking my annual “tax season hiatus” from posting to THE WANDERING TAX PRO and the NJ TAX PRACTICE BLOG. Between now and April 15th I barely have time to relieve myself let alone blog! However, in order to maintain my spot on Alltop’s Tax Page I will be posting every 20 days or so. I most likely will be doing “re-runs” – unless there is breaking tax news to report.
.
Please do not send me any email tax questions for answer in an ASK THE TAX PRO entry between now and April 20th - any such emails will be stored away in "inventory" unread for possible answer after April! Similarly I will not have time to respond to questions posed in "comments" to earlier posts until after the tax season. Any comments submitted with questions will also be put in "inventory".

I realize that I am abandoning you at a time when you may need me the most – but I need to make a living, and my blogs certainly don’t pay any bills!
.
My clients should visit the WHERE THE FAKAWI Page on my
tax practice website to keep up-to-date on my progress during the season and to learn of any changes or additions to my tax season policies and procedures.

“Talk” to you when it is all over!
.
TTFTTS

No comments: