Saturday, May 30, 2009

AN APOLOGY TO MY CLIENTS FOR STAPLES' FU

As someone who takes great pride in his "product" (1040s) it irks me when others do not.

I am sending out a Client Update newsletter to, among other things, review the 1040 changes for 2009 that resulted from the February “recovery” tax act. I need to get it in the mail today.

I took the newsletter to Staples on Thursday afternoon to be printed, collated and stapled - 3 pages, both sides, the pages numbered.

When I picked it up on Friday afternoon a quick look showed me it was collated + stapled. But when I got home I found that Pages 5 and 6 were reversed! It went Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5! There was no time to take it back to be fixed as it must get it in the mail today (Saturday).

A sincere apology to my clients for Staples’ FU.

The bottom line - certainly no more printing at Staples, and perhaps a nasty letter to management.

A word to the wise – when you pick up your printing at Staples (or anywhere for that matter) be sure to check closely that it has been done properly.

No comments: