* Roni Deutch provides a good overview of estimated taxes in her post "The Truth About Estimated Quarterly Tax Payments" at her TAX HELP BLOG.
* Speaking of Estimated Taxes – Kay Bell reminds us that it is “Estimated Tax Time Again” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* Kathleen Webb of HomeWork Solutions explains why “Nanny Tax Cheating Hurts the Nannies and Housekeepers - and the US Treasury” at her NANNY TAX AND PAYROLL UPDATES blog.
* Trish McIntire discusses some “Assumptions” that get taxpayers in trouble (remember, when you assume you make an ass out of u and me). There are different from the assumptions that I warn about when choosing a tax preparer.
Trish warns against what is perhaps the most widely made “tax myth” assumption – the “If I don't get a W-2/1099, I don't have to report it assumption”. As Trish rightly reminds us, “If it is taxable income, you have to report it whether you receive the form or not”.
* Where will it end? Bloomberg.com reports that “Senators Want Homebuyer Tax Credit to Rise to $15,000”. I have mixed feelings about this credit.
* Kelly Phillips Erb’s Friday post at TAXGIRL tells us, not surprisingly, that “NJ Taxes On the Rise”. Be sure to read my comment.