Monday, August 17, 2009

FYI - THIS JUST IN

I never did receive a response to my original letter to IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman regarding the registration and licensure of tax preparers sent back in June - although I did receive a brief note acknowledging receipt of the letter and telling me that it was not being directed to the Commissioner but to some lacky in the Small Business section.
.
However, today I did receive the following letter today in response to my more recent letter discussed in the post "Dear IRS" -
.
"Dear Mr Flach:
.
Thank you for your recent comments concerning Notice 2009-60. We appreciate the time and effort you spent preparing these comments.
.
Sincerely,
.
La Nita Van Dyke
Branch Chief
Publications and Regulations Branch
Legal Processing Division
Associate Chief Counsel
(Procedure and Administration)"
.
At least it is something. Note that the description of the letter's author was longer than the actual content of the letter!

1 comment:

Monica Lawver said...

Not exactly a thesis, is it?