Monday, August 17, 2009


I never did receive a response to my original letter to IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman regarding the registration and licensure of tax preparers sent back in June - although I did receive a brief note acknowledging receipt of the letter and telling me that it was not being directed to the Commissioner but to some lacky in the Small Business section.
However, today I did receive the following letter today in response to my more recent letter discussed in the post "Dear IRS" -
"Dear Mr Flach:
Thank you for your recent comments concerning Notice 2009-60. We appreciate the time and effort you spent preparing these comments.
La Nita Van Dyke
Branch Chief
Publications and Regulations Branch
Legal Processing Division
Associate Chief Counsel
(Procedure and Administration)"
At least it is something. Note that the description of the letter's author was longer than the actual content of the letter!

1 comment:

Monica Lawver said...

Not exactly a thesis, is it?