Monday, October 12, 2009

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Otober 15th, this coming Thursday, is not only the final statutory deadline for filing all extended 2008 Form 1040s and 1040As (I have only 2 more to go!) – it is also the deadline for submitting ideas and opinions on options for tax reform to the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board (PERAB).

Click here to submit your ideas and opinions.

According to the White House blog post on the subject - “The mandate to the PERAB is NOT to recommend a new tax system. They are to consider ideas on tax simplification, better enforcement of tax law, and reforming corporate taxes and to present the pros and cons of potential tax options.”

I have just submitted five pages of recommendations.

The Board will post all comments submitted online for others to examine. So you can read my submission online. I will provide a link to the submitted comments as soon as I find it.
Or if you can't wait you can email me and I will send you a copy of my submission as a "pdf" email attachment.

No comments: