Thursday, October 20, 2011

PTIN UPDATE

I have absolutely no use for “social media” such as My Face and Spacebook.  If I want to publicize my business I will use a website, and if I want to share pictures and information with friends and family I will use email.

I do, however, find Twitter very useful, not as “social media” as such, but, as a tax professional, to keep up-to-date on tax developments (it is a good way for taxpayers to keep up-to-date as well), and as writer of this blog to find items of interest for the BUZZ posts.

NATP has advised, via a “tweet” that previously registered tax preparers can now renew their PTIN onlne.  This is the first I heard of this development.

You must first log in to the PTIN system.  I tried but found that I did not have an online account.

Apparently, if you obtained your PTIN via paper Form W-12 last year (as I did) you must apparently wait to receive a Letter 4762 in the mail for instructions on establishing an online account.

So either click here to renew, or wait to receive the Letter 4762 in the mail.

TTFN

2 comments:

Tom said...

Got it done, plus signed up for my tax classes and I'm on my way.

Good or bad I've decided I'm in for the long haul, I figure if the Universal Life Force so permits, I'm good for another 20 yrs of tax work...

Robert D Flach said...

Tom-

Congratulations!

I only expect 10 more seasons - so when I retire I can say I had been preparing 1040s for 50 years.

TWTP