Wednesday, September 12, 2012


I am recuperating from my move on Long Beach Island this week.

* Check out my article “Uncle Sam Wants to Help You Pay for College: Tax Tips” at THESTREET.COM.

* And be sure to read “My Letter to Carol Campbell” over at my THE TAX PRACTICE blog.

* EA Bonnie Lee provides “Tax Tips for Armed Forces Personnel” at FOX BUSINESS.

* Peter J Reilly has a related take on the “Reimbursed or Reimbursable” issue in “Larry The Cable Guy Needs To Turn In Receipts” at FORBES.COM.

* Russ Fox of TAXABLE TALK gives us “A Modest Proposal on Tax-Related Identity Theft”.  It sounds good to me.

The post reminded me to send the IRS a Form 8822 (Change of Address).

* Trish McIntire gives us “A Few Reminders” at OUR TAXING TIMES.

* Jason Dinesen muses “On Mike Holmes and Going Cheap” at DINESEN TAX TIMES.

His premise is based on a good quote from fellow tax blogger Joe Kristan which opens the post – “Cheap tax help is often the most expensive”.

A related point of information – despite what you may think, Henry and Richard ain’t cheap!


The big question asked at both political conventions this year was “Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?”

We all are in one way.  Dubya is not the President. 

George W Bush was, in my opinion, the worst President in my lifetime.  And I have been around since 1953.  And yes, I do remember Richard Nixon.  

Homer Simpson would have been an improvement on Dubya.

I personally am actually better off financially than I was 4 years ago – but it has absolutely nothing to do with who is in the White House.

As for the country, we must recognize that economic change does not happen overnight – although progress is pretty slow.  We must remember that the mess we are in was an inherited one for BO, and that the housing-related FUs may have actually begun as a result of actions taken during the Clinton years. 


No comments: