Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WHAT’S THE BUZZ? TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’ – WEDNESDAY EDITION


I am recuperating from my move on Long Beach Island this week.

* Check out my article “Uncle Sam Wants to Help You Pay for College: Tax Tips” at THESTREET.COM.

* And be sure to read “My Letter to Carol Campbell” over at my THE TAX PRACTICE blog.

* EA Bonnie Lee provides “Tax Tips for Armed Forces Personnel” at FOX BUSINESS.

* Peter J Reilly has a related take on the “Reimbursed or Reimbursable” issue in “Larry The Cable Guy Needs To Turn In Receipts” at FORBES.COM.

* Russ Fox of TAXABLE TALK gives us “A Modest Proposal on Tax-Related Identity Theft”.  It sounds good to me.

The post reminded me to send the IRS a Form 8822 (Change of Address).

* Trish McIntire gives us “A Few Reminders” at OUR TAXING TIMES.

* Jason Dinesen muses “On Mike Holmes and Going Cheap” at DINESEN TAX TIMES.

His premise is based on a good quote from fellow tax blogger Joe Kristan which opens the post – “Cheap tax help is often the most expensive”.

A related point of information – despite what you may think, Henry and Richard ain’t cheap!

THE FINAL WORD

The big question asked at both political conventions this year was “Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?”

We all are in one way.  Dubya is not the President. 

George W Bush was, in my opinion, the worst President in my lifetime.  And I have been around since 1953.  And yes, I do remember Richard Nixon.  

Homer Simpson would have been an improvement on Dubya.

I personally am actually better off financially than I was 4 years ago – but it has absolutely nothing to do with who is in the White House.

As for the country, we must recognize that economic change does not happen overnight – although progress is pretty slow.  We must remember that the mess we are in was an inherited one for BO, and that the housing-related FUs may have actually begun as a result of actions taken during the Clinton years. 

TTFN

No comments: