Tuesday, September 3, 2013
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’ - TUESDAY EDITION
“Tax complexity itself is a kind of tax.” – Max Baucus
I trust you had a “successful” Labor Day week-end. I finished a GD extension. Not too much BUZZ this installment due to the holiday.
* Have you seen my items “The Big O” and “When to Contact Your Tax Pro” at MAINSTREET.COM yet? Why not?
I also have an update on same-sex marriage issues that should appear in the Tax Center later today (Tuesday).
* Check out my new monthly online “magazine” THE LAKE REGION SOMETHING. It has a couple of items on income taxes.
If you like it let me know, and tell all of your friends.
* A TWTP post leads off Kay Bell’s “Tax Carnival #120: Labor Day Taxes 2013” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* Over at FIVE CENT NICKEL William Cowie deals in depth with the question “Is a Timeshare a Good Investment?”
His answer – “In a word, no.”
* BEYOND 415 lists “Six Myths That Lead to Worker Misclassification”.
* PARKER PUBLISHING takes a close look at “Proposed Regs Provide Guidance on Insurance Exchange Requirement for Small Employers Taking Health Insurance Credit”.
* 360 DEGREES OF FINANCIAL LITERACY provides a chart to help you answer the question “Should You Buy or Lease Your Next Vehicle?”.
* Robert E. McKenzie talks about “Reducing IRS Penalties” at IRS Watch over at FORBES.COM.