Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’ - TUESDAY EDITION


I guess some BUZZ is better than no BUZZ.

* It is almost time for the new issue of THE TAX PROFESSIONAL! Please email me your thoughts on the issues I have discussed in the September and October issues at rdftaxpro@yahoo.com with THE TAX PROFESSIONAL in the “subject line”.  Please!

* Check out my article “2015 Contribution Limits for Pension Plans Are Announced” at MAINSTREET.COM.

* Sterling Raskie explains “Why You Should Consider Long Term Care Insurance” at GETTING YOUR FINANCIAL DUCKS IN A ROW.

I have found that LTCI is basically for the middle and upper-middle classes who have accumulated substantial savings.  If long-term care, especially nursing home care, is needed, the poor are covered by Medicaid from dollar one, and the rich can afford to pay out of pocket.  It is the middle and upper-middle classes who have saved all their life or have substantial equity in real estate that need it.  These people are forced to bankrupt themselves before being covered by Medicaid.

It is also for people with beneficiaries.  While I considered buying it, I feel I do not need LTCI because if I am bankrupted by nursing home care nobody loses.  I do not have a spouse or children, or even nieces or nephews, who would lose an inheritance. 

* Tom Herman tells you “How to Find a Missing Tax Refund” at THE WALL STREET JOURNAL.

TTFN

No comments: