Monday, January 5, 2015

ATTENTION BLOGGERS AND JOURNALISTS


It is time once again for my annual year-beginning post aimed at financial bloggers and journalists.

When writing, or talking, about a tax deduction, credit, law, loophole, or strategy during the next 3+ months DO NOT advise your listeners or readers to “consult a CPA”!

This is bad advice.  What you should be saying is “consult a tax professional”.

The two are NOT the same! 

An individual CPA may also be a tax professional – and competent and current in the preparation of Form 1040s – but this is only because of the specific education, training, and experience unique to that particular individual, and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the initials CPA appear after his or her name.

I recommend that you read my article "ALPHABET SOUP” at my website “Find a Tax Professional”.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought CPAs could do anything/everything!