Tuesday, June 23, 2015
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’ – TUESDAY EDITION
* Fellow tax pros – Have you reviewed, and commented on, my discussion of the proposed “Tax Practitioners Bill of Rights” at THE TAX PROFESSIONAL yet?
* BTW – you can click here to sign a petition in support of the National Society of Accountants created “Tax Practitioner Bill of Rights”.
* No new post up yet at BOB’S BABBLINGS. If you missed it, check out last Monday’s post and enter my Trivia Challenge.
* Kay Bell tells us “Uber Ruling Underscores Contractor vs. Employee Conflict” (Uber is the name of a company, and not an adjective) at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES and advises “Make sure you are classified correctly, since it affects your taxes”.
* Kansas taxpayers be warned. Trish McIntire reports on “The Largest Tax Increase" in the history of the state of Kansas at OUR TAXING TIMES.
* CCH reports “Proposed Regulations Issued on ABLE Act Program Requirements (IR-2015-91; NPRMREG-102837-15)”.
FYI, ABLE is the “Achieving a Better Life Experience Act of 2014”. CCH explains –
“The ABLE Act permits states and state agencies or instrumentalities to establish and maintain a new type of tax-favored savings program through which contributions may be made to the account of an eligible disabled individual to meet qualified disability expenses. These accounts also receive favorable treatment for certain means-tested federal programs.”