Tuesday, November 17, 2015
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’ – TUESDAY EDITION
I am off to New Jersey to attend the annual National Association of Tax Professional’s year-end tax update classes – and to celebrate my 62nd birthday with friends from grammar school, high school, and college (some from two and some from all three), most of whom are also 1040 clients.
I will post items of interest from the 2 days of classes in a subsequent post here at TWTP, probably next Monday.
* FREE! FREE! FREE! Did you see the two reports you can get for absolutely nothing? Check out the left hand margin (under the plug for my Dollar Store).
* Bob is babbling again! Only this time as BOBSERVATIONS. Check out my new post “Maybe This Time”.
* Jason Dinesen wonders “Was There Really a Good Old Days of Accounting?” at DINESEN TAX TIMES. Read my comment.
* NJ.COM reports “N.J. Accountant Admits to Stealing Clients' Tax Refunds”.
I wonder if being forced to sit through 2 hours of ethics preaching CPE would have turned her honest.
* Kay Bell tells us “7 Former IRS Commissioners Chastise Congress for Slashing the Tax Agency's Budget, Urge Full Funding” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
As I “tweeted” last week - the solution to IRS mismanagement is not to reduce the budget at the expense of taxpayer service, but to change the management.
* And slightly belated birthday wishes to DON’T MESS WITH TAXES, “who” turned 10 on Saturday. TWTP has got almost 5 years on DMWT.
* This past week-end a client asked me about “file and suspend”, and sent me this item by Mary Beth Franklin at INVESTMENT NEWS – “Singles Can File and Suspend Social Security Benefits”. To be honest I was not aware of how this worked until I read this piece,
This option was recently done away with by the idiots in Congress, as was referenced in a previous BUZZ installment.. However Changes to the "file and suspend" strategy will not take effect for six months, so you still have time – until May 1, 2016 - to take advantage of this option if you meet certain age requirements.
* William Perez tells you what to do if you see "RSUs on Form W-2” at ABOUT.COM.
THE FINAL WORD –
Rabbi, is there a proper blessing for Donald Trump?
Of course! May God bless and keep Donald Trump . . . far away from the White House!