Friday, May 6, 2016
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’
* Kelly Phillips Erb, FORBES.COM’s TaxGirl, reports “Members Of Congress Push To Shut Down IRS Forever”.
Another stupid idea from the idiots in Congress.
Why do away with the IRS?
“In its current form, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is at best an inefficient behemoth weighing down our economy. At its worst, the IRS has shown a capacity for outright corruption and political targeting.”
Well, in its current form Congress is at best an inefficient behemoth weighing down our economy, and it has shown a capacity for outright corruption and political targeting”. Does that mean we should do away with Congress?
The answer to fixing the IRS is to stop giving it additional unrelated jobs, such as administering government welfare and other benefit programs like the Earned Income Credit and Obamacare, provide sufficient funding for its legitimate activity of collecting taxes, and replace incompetent management.
The answer to fixing Congress is to replace the current crop of idiots by voting them out.
* In the MD TAXES NETWORK’s Monthly Newsletter for May Andres Schwartz suggests “Three Steps to Tax Simplification”.
These steps include-
(1) Require all politicians to self-prepare their tax returns each year.
(2) Have the IRS send the President and each politician a notice questioning anitem on their return that was reported correctly.
(3) Make sure each politician gets audited each year.
I think his plan just might work!
* Sarah Brenner lists “10 Rules to Know About 72(t)” at the SLOTT REPORT.
* It’s a miracle! Michael Cohn of ACCOUNTING TODAY tells us that the “IRS Finds Money to Hire Hundreds More Enforcement Employees”.
“The Internal Revenue Service plans to hire an additional 600 to 700 more enforcement employees in an effort to increase its audit rate.
The IRS found money within its existing budget to hire the additional employees after a series of budget cuts in recent years at the hands of Congress.”
Let us hope that the funding does not come from money previously allocated to taxpayer service functions.
THE FINAL WORD
A sad day for the country, and the world. A dangerous, deluded, narcissistic buffoon is the presumptive Republican candidate for President.
Unfortunately voters will not have a choice in the upcoming Presidential election. The only intelligent option is the Democratic candidate, who will be Hillary Clinton. A Trump Presidency would be a total disaster.