Thursday, November 24, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



 It is a time to give thanks.

Despite the truly horrendous and dangerous result of the recent Presidential election (Electoral College result, not actual popular vote), there is still much to be thankful for.

Of course there is the love and support of family and friends.

For me this includes the support and help from fellow tax professionals and tax bloggers.  One way I stay up-to-date on tax developments during the year is by following the blogs of my colleagues – Joe, Jason, Russ, Jamaal, Bill, Bruce, Kay, Kelly, Jean, etc, etc, etc., and with information and resources shared by my fellow NJ-NATP members (I am now actually an “honorary” member as I live in PA) Marc, Lynn, John (Kelly and Sheeley), Jaimee, etc, etc, etc.

And, along those lines, I am thankful to the National Association of Tax Professionals – both on national and state levels – for providing excellent information, resources, and continuing education opportunities.

I am also thankful for the many local theatre companies throughout rural North East PA and nearby NY that provide me with a variety of good entertainment during the year.

And, as I eat out just about every night, I am thankful for the variety of great nearby restaurants and diners – actually more so than when I lived in Jersey City NJ – and their pleasant and helpful wait staffs.
 
I am thankful for my adopted "son" Turbo.

Finally, as my sister pointed out to me last year, I am truly thankful that my diabetes diagnosis happened while living in rural North East PA and not metropolitan NJ.

Thanksgiving dinner this year, like last year, is the buffet at Silver Birches on Lake Wallenpaupack with my sister, who once again came up from NJ.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

TTFN
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: