Monday, November 6, 2017
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’
Most of the recent BUZZ has been about the final release of the details of the Republican tax reform “framework” – the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (you notice that the word “Reform” is not in the title).
Did you see my posts of details and commentary on Friday and Saturday? More posts will come at TWTP as more is revealed and the debate progresses.
* Professor Annette Nellen posted an updated compilation of “Disaster Relief Tax Links” at 21st CENTURY TAXATION.
* Links in the above referenced post indicate “Louisiana, South Carolina now get hurricane tax relief”, as Kay Bell, the yellow rose of taxes, tells us in detail in a post at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* Today at THE TAX PROFESSIONAL – “A Holiday Tax Practice Tip”.
And did you see last Wednesday’s TTP post “Watch the IRS Nationwide Tax Forum Sessions for Free!”?
* The week-day daily CHECKPOINT NEWSSTAND email newsletter from last Wednesday announced how the IRS has decided to celebrate my 64th birthday - “E-file for 2016 returns closes on Nov. 18; disaster victims & others must file on paper after that”.
“In an Information Release, IRS has reminded taxpayers who want to file a 2016 tax return electronically, including those in disaster areas, to do so by Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. After that date, paper tax returns must be filed.
New guidance. In IR 2017-183, IRS advises that any taxpayer needing to file a 2016 tax return after Nov. 18 must do so on paper.”
* Robert W Wood of FORBES.COM provides us with “IRS Tax Lessons for Everyone From Paul Manafort Indictment”.