Tuesday, October 23, 2018
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
* Have you checked out the new “issue” of THE LAKE REGION SOMETHING?
* For those who were victims of the recent devastating hurricanes Kay Bell explains “How to claim major disaster tax losses” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* Share my new blog TRUMP MUST GO! with all your Republican friends. It is important that they read all the posts.
* Who says the wealthy don’t pay their fair share of income taxes? ACCOUNTING TODAY reports “Top 3% of U.S.taxpayers paid majority of income taxes in 2016”.
“The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).”
* Tax Amnesty is coming to New Jersey! I will keep you up-to-date on the details as they are revealed.
* Jason Dinesen brings us another one of his “Glossary” posts -
“These ‘glossary’ entry posts are intended to be brief snapshots of an issue, so in this post I’ll be focusing on the most basic situations with Form 1099-B.”
* The IRS provides tips to help taxpayers with “Reconstructing Records After a Natural Disaster or Casualty Loss”.
* The NJ Division of Taxation announces “NJ Tax Relief for Hurricane Florence Victims”.
THE LAST WORD
This is what the Republican Party Platform of 1956 said (highlight is mine) -
"We believe that basic to governmental integrity are unimpeachable ethical standards & irreproachable personal conduct by all people in government. We shall continue our insistence on honesty as an indispensable requirement of public service."
How the Party has changed. By embracing Donald T Rump it no longer believes that honesty is “an indispensable requirement of public service”.
Today’s Republican Party says –
“We don’t care if much of Donald Trump’s wealth is based on unethical and illegal business practices, that he refuses to divest himself of his business interests and continues to unconstitutionally line his pockets as a result of his Presidency, that he attempts to degrade and destroy American democracy and values on a daily basis, that he is a laughing stock in the eyes of the world community, and that he lies every time he opens his mouth. We need the votes of his core cult of deplorable ignorant racists.”
The Grand Old Party is truly dead. It has become the Party of Trump and, as a result, an enemy of the people and the state.