Tuesday, August 13, 2019
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
* Those of you with children in summer day camp should check out this post from last year – “A Summer Rerun - Summer Day Camp AndThe Child Care Credit”.
* Kay Bell, the yellow rose of taxes, lists “4 tax law changes home buyers need to heed” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
FYI, I discuss all the tax benefits available to homeowners in my book TAX GUIDE FOR NEW HOMEOWNERS, which has been updated to reflect the new tax law changes.
* Have you seen my new blog BOBSERVATIONS: Ramblings of a Relatively Sane Mind yet? There is a new post. If not check it out and spread the word.
* TaxGirl Kelly Phillips Erb warns “Beware: Fake IRS Letters Are Making The Rounds This Summer” at FORBES.COM.
Whenever you receive ANY correspondence allegedly from the IRS or a state tax agency give it immediately to your tax preparer. If you “self-prepared” the return you should still consult a tax pro (the software company ain’t going to help you). Not only could it be a fake – but at least 2/3 of all IRS and state tax notices are wrong.
* Speaking of fake things (no, not the words or tweets of hate-spewing serial liar Trump), Kay Bell provides “6 ways to avoid tragedy-related crowdfunding scams”.
* Back to Kelly Phillips Erb, she reports “IRS Introduces New Tax Withholding Estimator To Help Taxpayers Avoid Surprises In 2020”.
According to KPE’s post, “ . . the IRS says that the new Tax Withholding Estimator offers workers, as well as retirees and self-employed individuals, a more user-friendly tool to figure the amount of income tax they must have withheld from wages and pension payments.”
I have been telling clients and readers that until the IRS truly fixes its withholding FU every taxpayer should claim “Single-0” or “Married but withheld at the higher Single rate – 0” on ALL federal W-4s for all income sources.
* Let’s hear from a male blogger. Jason Dinesen gives us a primer on "How to Fill Out Form W-9 (Most 1-Person LLCs Are Probably Doing it Wrong!)” at DINESEN TAX TIMES.
* Dana Anspach, a new blogger to me, answers “5 Frequently Asked Questions About Roth IRAs” at THE BALANCE.
* Michael Cohn announces “Treasury and IRS unveil new Form W-4 for 2020” . . . “making a number of changes to earlier draft versions of the form after hearing complaints from tax professionals” at ACCOUNTING TODAY.
* Hey, why not follow me on Twitter - @rdftaxpro.
* Let me end with some shameless self-promotion. Click here.
THE LAST WORD
When the President of the United States publicly degrades and denounces non-white and non-Christian individuals and groups, says we are being invaded by Latinos who are rapists and murderers, tells women who are not white and not Christian who oppose him to “go back to where they came from”, says those who live in black inner-cities are not human and “infest” the city and that predominantly non-white countries are "shithole" countries, it clearly provides perceived legitimacy and credibility to the beliefs and actions of white supremacists – it clearly emboldens and empowers racists and racism. If the President of the United States is publicly racist it is therefore ok to be racist and commit hate crimes.
Whether Trump is an actual ideological racist or just spewing hate to pander to his core cult of ignorant racists so that they will continue to cheer his every word at rallies and continue to vote for him and lap dog Republican candidates is immaterial.
Trump is the biggest danger that America, and the American people, faces today. He MUST be removed from office!