Tuesday, September 17, 2019

WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?


OOPS!  I almost forgot to post today’s BUZZ.

* It didn’t hit me until the day itself – but last Friday was Friday the 13th.  Key Bell celebrated with “Don't fear, or fall for, these 13 seemingly scary tax tidbits” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.

Pay special attention to #6, 7, 12, and 13.

* This has nothing to do with taxes, but WALLETHUB identifies “2019’s Happiest States in America”.

There is something wrong with this survey.  New Jersey is #5 and Pennsylvania is #26.  I am happier in PA than I was in NJ.

* This is not official, and I debated whether or not to include this item, but Kelly Phillips Erb provides “Your First Look At 2020 Tax Rates: Projected Brackets, Standard Deduction Amounts And More”, “projected” being the operative word, at FORBES.COM.

The actual inflation-adjusted numbers will be announced next month, and I will let you know when they are available and compile my annual “What’s New For 2020” when they are.

* In this week’s new post at BOBSERVATIONS I explain that “The Second Amendment is Obsolete” and has no relevance today.

* A la the old DAVID LETTERMAN SHOW (the only part of the show I found funny), Andy Ives presents “Top 10 RMD Goofs, Gaffes and Blunders” at THE SLOTT REPORT.

* Tony Nitti begins a series on “Reviewing the Democratic Candidates' Tax Plans” at FORBES.COM.  First Up: Bernie Sanders”.

I will wait till the end of the series to provide my thoughts on these plans and proposals.

TTFN











No comments: