Today is the 25th “Birthday” of THE WANDERING TAX PRO.
My first WANDERING TAX PRO post appeared on Sunday, July 22, 2001. I had learned about blogging at a presentation on “The Future of Easy Web Site Design” by internet consultant Lenny Charnoff at the National Association of Tax Professionals National Conference in New Orleans on July 13, 2001.
I originally decided to write a blog to provide year-round advice and information for my existing 1040 clients and to promote my tax preparation and accounting services. When I decided to stop accepting new clients, I continued to blog to provide a source of updated federal and state tax information for my clients and to attempt to market my various special reports and newsletters, provide easily accessible samples of my writing for potential publishers, and, quite frankly, because I just enjoyed it. Blogging has provided me with a national (perhaps international) exposure and reputation.
Over the years I also wrote and published the tax blogs THE NEW JERSEY TAX PRACTICE BLOG and THE TAX PROFESSIONAL, as well as other non-tax blogs. FYI - One of my posts from THE TAX PROFESSIONAL was referenced in a footnote to the brief filed in federal court by the Institute for Justice opposing the IRS request for a stay of the injunction in the famous LOVING v IRS case that shut down the IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer licensing program.
In my first blog post I discussed Section 529 college savings plans and my trip to New Orleans for the above mentioned NATP annual conference.
I retired from preparing 1040s, actually all tax returns, after completing 50 consecutive tax-filing seasons (my first season was in 1972 for 1971 returns), but continued to post here at THE WANDERING TAX PRO. Having now reached the 25-year mark I have decided to also retire from tax blogging as well– so this will be my last WANDERING TAX PRO post.
I have enjoyed writing THE WANDERING TAX PRO these past 25 years and am thankful for the support and camaraderie of my fellow bloggers in the “tax blogosphere”.
If you have enjoyed reading THE WANDERING TAX PRO and found my posts helpful with your tax planning and preparation over the years perhaps you can express your appreciation by purchasing one of my tax-related e-books for Kindle available at Amazon (click here – FYI BOBSERVATIONS is a non-tax book with essays on a variety of topics).
Or purchasing my reminiscence on 50 years as a professional tax preparer THE JOY OF PREPARING TAXES – sent as a pdf email attachment. Here is what one former client said about it –
“It makes an interesting read - like a memoir spanning a 50-year long career of accounting and preparing taxes. It is informative and interesting with a sprinkle of your personal funny anecdotes based upon your keen observation and experiences. Your wry sense of humor is admirable. I thoroughly enjoyed.”
Hey
– you can have it for only $2.00 instead of $3.00!
I will continue to blog on a variety of topics at BOBSERVATIONS when the spirit moves me.
And so I say, “So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!”
THE FINAL FINAL WORD
Before I sign off just a reminder –
The greatest threat and danger to American freedom and democracy Donald Trump and today’s Trump-embracing, racist and repressive Religious Right controlled Republican Party.
As I have “said” here often in the past the future of American freedom and democracy demands that EVERY intelligent and patriotic American vote against EVERY Republican candidate for EVERY office at EVERY level in November.
If Republicans win in November America, and Americans, truly lose!
TTFG
No comments:
Post a Comment