* The federal income tax code is currently over 61,000 pages long. The total number of pages has more than doubled since 1986. Over 16,000 pages have been added since George W became president.
* The Earned Income Credit (EIC) is the largest single federal welfare program on the books! Approaching $40 Billion per year, it is almost 3 times the amount of federal payments for Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
* More than half of all identified tax fraud involves the Earned Income Tax Credit.
* New Mexico gets $2 in federal spending for every tax dollar that is paid by its residents -- the best "return on investment" of the 50 states. As usual, New Jersey is on the bottom of the list – we receive only 55 cents for every tax dollar.
* In 2006 82% of all federal individual income taxes were paid by those with incomes over $100,000. 53.7% was by individuals with incomes over $200,000 and 28.3% were paid by taxpayers with incomes of between $100,000 and $200,000.
You do now!