Sunday, September 28, 2008

UNANSWRED QUESTIONS

For years I have found myself faced with many questions – longing for answers.

Some answers are self-evident. Why do fools fall in love? Well, after all, they are fools aren’t they?

I have determined the answer to some questions based on history and experience. When will they ever learn? Probably never.

Some questions will probably never be answered. What’s it all about, Alfie? A totally unnecessary remake could shed no new light on the question.

With some questions only time will tell. Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four? I’ll find out in 9 years and 2 months. This question is for the very few remaining long-time clients for whom I still make a house call in exchange for a home-cooked meal.

Some are no longer relevant. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Joe went to his “final audit” in 1999.
.
And I have given up on others. Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost over night? Easy enough to find out – but who cares? Actually I don’t have a “headboard” as I sleep on a futon.
.
There are still questions that haunt me.

I would really like to know what the mama saw. All I know is that what the mama saw it was against the law.

I also want to know what Billy Joe MacAllister and his friend were throwing off the Tallahatchie Bridge when they were sighted by Brother Taylor.

And while we are at it – I always did wonder why Mr. Baker’s secretary had to leave Harper Valley.

Can anyone provide me with answers?

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

22 years until I find out what happens.

Plenty of time to find the answers yet.

Then again, some things are best left unknown.