The issue I picked up when I was there last week included the following item -
Here are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they worked for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.”
You do know that under our current Tax Code about half of the country either pays absolutely no federal income tax or actually makes a profit by filing a Form 1040.
Food for thought indeed.