Friday, January 31, 2020

BEFORE I GO . . .


A few reminders and notes before I say good-bye for the tax filing season -

+ I member of the NJ chapter of NATP (I am an “honorary member” since I live in PA) wanted me to remind you that New York state allows an itemized deduction for the full amount of union dues paid – it is not subject to the 2% of AGI limitation that applies to all other unreimbursed employee business expenses.

+ Are you interested in my best tax advice from almost 50 years in “the business”?  Here is where you will find it – TAX SMARTS.

+ Don’t be in a hurry to be among the first to file your 2019 tax return.  Do not give your stuff to your tax pro, or prepare your return, until you are absolutely sure you have received all the information returns necessary to properly complete the return.  Remember, if you have a brokerage account you will very likely receive at least one corrected Consolidated 1099 Statement in late February or early March.

+ Would you like to receive my monthly email tax newsletter?  It is issued on the 1st of each month, including during tax filing season.  Send an email to rdftaxpro@yahoo.com with ROBERT D FLACH’S 1040 EMAIL NEWSLETTER in the “subject line”.

+ Regardless of what you think of the IRS, or your state tax agency, their websites have a wealth of information to help in preparing your returns.  The IRS website, where you can get among other things forms and instructions, is www.irs.gov.

+ A reminder of what you need to give your tax pro – click here.

+ Joe Kristan is back!  His new blog continues his practice of “Tax Round-Ups” – which can help you with BUZZ withdrawal while I am on tax season hiatus.  Check out the EIDE BAILLYTAX NEWS AND VIEWS BLOG.

Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for my annual posting of THE TWELVE DAYS OF TAX SEASON!

TTFN
















No comments: