A “meatier” BUZZ this week.
* A new blog list from Kay Bell, the yellow rose of taxes, at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES – “10 tax considerations and tips for newlyweds”.
* In another post Kay discusses “When tax troubles qualify for IRS penalty relief”.
* FORBES.COM’s TaxGirl Kelly Phillips Erb tells us “There’s A New Tax Form - With Some Changes - For Freelancers & Gig Workers” -
“Form 1099-NEC is intended to replace the nonemployee compensation part of a form many of us have come to know and love: Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income.”
* And KPE reminds us “October 15 Is The Deadline For Filing Your 2019 Tax Return On Extension”.
So, don’t put it off any longer – get those GDEs done!
* Staying with FORBES.COM, Tony Nitti makes it clear that “No, Joe Biden Will Not Double Your Tax Bill” -
“For the 97% of Americans who earn less than $400,000 annually, Biden will preserve the status quo, while proposing new or improved credits that for some, will actually lower, rather than increase, tax liability.”
I do not agree with Democratic Party tax policy – but removing ignorant, incompetent and truly dangerous demagogue Trump from the White House is more important than any other issue, including tax policy.
Trump lies to everyone about everything every day. I do not believe a word he says about anything. Since the Republican Party has abandoned all integrity and credibility by embracing Trump, becoming the Trump Party, I do not believe a word that the current Republican Party says about anything. My advice to you – do not believe a single word in any Trump or Republican campaign ad or statement.
* Another blog list – “8 Things You Need To Know About Your Inherited IRA”. This one from Sarah Brenner at THE SLOTT REPORT.
* And one more list, on basically the same topic, from Robert Klein at THE STREET - “5 Retirement Plan Beneficiary Mistakes to Avoid”.
All are important to avoid, especially Mistake #5 – “Failure to Revise Beneficiaries for Life Changes”.
* Some good news for my cousins – “IRS announces tax relief for Oregon wildfires and straight-line winds victims”.
THE LAST WORD
The 2 reasons no intelligent person could support or vote for Trump –
1. He is the most utterly stupid and totally clueless national politician in US history.
2. He is totally self-absorbed and doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself.
What more do need?
Frankly, the extent of Trump’s stupidity continues to amaze even me.