Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It has finally arrived! December 31st – the “festival of W-2s”!

As has been my custom for many years now I will spend the day completing the typing of my clients’ W-2s (a full day of billable hours – hurray!).

Tonight I will spend the evening at home with Louse and Nosey (my cats), Audra McDonald and the New York Philharmonic, Garrison Keillor, Jack Daniels, Phillies cigars, and Mr New Year’s Eve Dick Clark! I will be dining on the traditional New Year’s Eve meal of Ritz Crackers and Temptee Whipped Cream Cheese and, new this year, Potato Skins (I could not find cocktail franks in the frozen snack section).

It has been well over 20 years since I have ventured out on New Year’s Eve, despite constant invitations. I did spend two NYEs in Times Square in my 20s, and that was enough. I remember being on the corner of 45th Street in NYC one NYE when the ball dropped. Shortly thereafter my friends and I were literally swept in a giant wave toward 42nd Street by the momentum of the crowd. I remember one friend stumbling and falling in the street, smiling and waving to the crowds as they trampled over him.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let us hope that 2007 is less taxing!

No comments: