Monday, June 15, 2015

THE FINAL WHERE THE FAKAWI - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH


I can't go on, I can't go on no more, no!

I have lost all interest and motivation to do GDEs.  I am basically sick of looking at 2014 Form 1040s. 

Since I returned to my desk on April 20th I have completed and mailed out 45 of the 49 GDEs I requested on April 14th.  And there are a few GDEs that the client themselves submitted but have not yet given me their “stuff”.  Getting myself to finish the last two GDEs was like pulling teeth – I kept singing that song from ANNIE (the procrastinator’s hymn).

I will complete the very few currently red-filed GDEs (returns I have started, but found I needed additional information) as the missing information arrives – but I am not going to work on any new GDEs that arrive for the rest of the summer.

Obviously I cannot avoid 1040s altogether, as I must respond to IRS and state tax agency correspondence as it arrives.  But I want to spend my summer writing about 1040s and not preparing 1040s.

And I want to spend my mornings sitting on the Observation Deck at Lake Wallenpaupack, or under the Narrowsburg Bridge in the Tusten Veterans Memorial Park, reading mystery novels.

I will return to GDE preparation in September.

TTFN

No comments: