Tuesday, October 27, 2015


For New Jersey taxpayers and tax professionals – here is some information from a fellow member of the New Jersey chapter of the National Association of Tax Professionals (although I now live in PA I still consider myself a member of the NJ chapter) that was new, and a pleasant surprise, to me -

Did you know that you can order copies of filed NJ tax returns? Well you do now!

You can obtain a copy of a previously filed New Jersey income tax return by completing Form DCC-1. There is a fee of $1.00 per side of the return. Mail the completed form, with payment, to: New Jersey Division of Taxation, Document Control Center, P.O. Box 269, Trenton, NJ 08695-0269.

Copies of previously filed New Jersey income tax returns (Form NJ-1040, NJ-1040NR, or NJ-1041) may also be obtained by delivering a completed Form DCC-1 with the appropriate payment to a Division of Taxation Regional Office. Regional Offices can provide copies of previously filed New Jersey income tax returns only to the person(s) who signed the requested tax return or to the authorized representative of the taxpayer(s) who provides a Form M-5008-R, Appointment of Taxpayer Representative, that covers the return(s) being requested. A photo ID of the taxpayer (or the taxpayer’s authorized representative) is required.

Note: Payment for copies of tax returns can only be made by check or money order; payment cannot be made in cash or by credit card.”

No comments: