Tuesday, May 22, 2018

WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?


* PAYCHEX reminds us that the “ACA Individual Mandate Penalty Reduced to $0 in 2019” – but NOT for 2018.  The penalty is still alive and well on the 2018 Form 1040 (or 1040A).

* A Spacebook post reminded me of one of the “ugly” in the GOP Tax Act via a March post by Robert W Wood at FORBES.COM - “New Tax On Lawsuit Settlements -- Legal Fees Can't Be Deducted”.

* Remaining on the subject of the GOP Act, Kay Bell celebrated “National Bike to Work Day” by reminding us “Bicycling commuters lose job benefit under new tax law” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.

* While I am a bit of an Anglophile, I did not watch any of the royal wedding coverage.  A couple of fellow bloggers discovered tax topics related to the event.

At FORBES.COM Robert W Wood told us “As Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding Arrives, So Do Taxes”.

And Kay Bell gave us “After ‘I do’ say ‘I donate’ my wedding dress” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES

* Now that tax filing season is over here is some good advice from Kelly Phillips Erb, the FORBES.COM TaxGirl - “If You Itemize Your Deductions,It's Time For A Checkup On Your Taxes”.

BTW, I am working away on my book on dealing with the GOP Tax Act and should be ready to “go to press” soon.

TTFN











No comments: