Tuesday, December 4, 2018
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
* Did you see it yet? The latest “issue” of THE LAKE REGION SOMETHING has been posted!
* Jason Dinesen has a new Glossary post at DINESEN TAX TIMES, this one on “Capital Loss Limits”.
* Check out my “Trump Challenge”.
* The TAX FOUNDATION reports on the introduction of “The Retirement, Savings, and Other Tax Relief Act of 2018”.
This bill unnecessarily extends some of the “extenders” that had expired, including the totally ridiculous itemized deduction for private mortgage insurance premiums, provides a few of the needed “technical corrections” to the GOP Tax Act, and, as the title would suggest, has some stuff related to retirement plans.
* Over at FORBES.COM Elaine Pofeldt discusses “Year-End Tax Moves for The Self-Employed”.
* KIPLINGER.COM lists the “10 Most Tax-Friendly States for Retirees, 2018” and the “10 Least Tax-Friendly States for Retirees, 2018 “.
My current home state of Pennsylvania is on the most tax-friendly list, but, surprisingly, NJ is no longer on the least tax-friendly list, probably because of the recent increase in the pension and retirement income exclusion.
* Kay Bell suggests that you “Be a tax Santa by giving these 5 holiday gifts”.
THE LAST WORD
What do we know for sure?
Russia, and Vladimir Putin, wanted Donald Trump to be elected President. It was obvious that, being (a) the ultimate narcissist and (b) interested only in personal financial gain, Trump could be easily played.
Russia did whatever it could to influence the election in favor of Donald Trump, including manipulating social media and hacking and releasing private emails.
The Trump campaign was willing to get help from anywhere or anyone, regardless of the source. Like Trump’s business enterprises, the campaign was not concerned about ethical or even legal practices.
Donald Trump actually lost the election by 3 million votes, even with Russia’s interference.
If Russia had not interfered in favor of Trump, Trump would not be the President today.
Trump lies every time he opens his mouth.
Let us get one thing perfectly clear. Donald T Rump the man is a clear and present danger to the future of America, American values and democracy, and the world. The main goal of all patriotic Americans of all political parties should be to remove Trump from office as soon as possible.
This is not about partisan politics. As I have been saying over and over again, this is truly about patriotism.
Yes, Donald T Rump, people are out to get you. Not because you are a Republican or a conservative – you are neither. Not because you are a Christian – you are most certainly not. And not because they are jealous of your “greatness”. People are out to get you because it is vital for our future that you are “got”.