Tuesday, December 17, 2019
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
A relatively “meaty” BUZZ as we begin the countdown to Christmas.
* A timely post from Kay Bell at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES – “Tax-free office holiday parties and employee gifts”.
* Russ Fox of TAXABLE TALK announces “Nominations for the 2019 Tax Offender of the Year Are Due” -
“To be considered for the Tax Offender of the Year award, the individual (or organization) must do more than cheat on his or her taxes. It has to be special; it really needs to be a Bozo-like action or actions.”
* The TURBO TAX BLOG reminds us to “Save the (Tax) Dates!”
* Another reminder, this one from me. Donald T Rump lost the 2016 presidential election. The fact that his presidency was “the will of the people” is just “Another Republican Lie”.
* Jason Dinesen explains “Contributions to a Roth Account Do Not Reduce Taxes in the Current Year” at DINESEN TAX TIMES
* From YAHOO.COM - “The Best and Worst States for Taxes — Ranked”.
Can you guess which is the worst. It is not a surprise.
* TaxGirl Kelly Phillips Erb has begun her “12 Days of Charitable Giving 2019” at FORBES.COM with “The Elephant Sanctuary”.
And continues with “MEANS Database”.
* Michael D. Koppel, CPA deals with the issue of “Independent contractor or employee? Varying tests” at THE TAX ADVISOR.
* Just so you know – Trump is not the only one guilty of obstruction. Check out my post “Obstruction of the Constitution” at AMERICANS FOR COMMON SENSE.
COMING SOON TO TWTP – My annual review of 2019 The Year in Taxes! Keep your eye out for it.
And FYI - Beginning in January 2020 I will be writing a monthly email newsletter with tax planning and preparation advice, information and resources titled “ROBERT D FLACH’S 1040 E-LETTER”. If you would like to receive this free newsletter in your email inbox each month send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ROBERT D FLACH’S 1040 E-LETTER” in the “subject line”.