Monday, January 6, 2020

WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?


For 2020 I am returning the weekly BUZZ to Mondays (at least for January).

* Let’s start off the first BUZZ of 2020 with Russ Fox’s New Year’s Eve announcement of “The 2019 Tax Offender of the Year” at TAXABLE TALK.

Congress, not the winner, was once again nominated.  I think they have been nominated every year I have been following this award.

* Also on December 31st the IRS finally announced the 2020 standard mileage allowance rates, which I reported in “This Just In”. 

* FORBES.COM’s TaxGirl Kelly Phillips Erb listed her choice for the “Top 100 Must-Follow Tax Twitter Accounts For 2020”.

Hey, where am I - @rdftaxpro?  Are my posts too political?

* Remaining at FORBES.COM, Tony Nitti began the new year with what is apparently his annual custom of suggesting “The Five New Year’s Resolutions Every Tax Pro Should Make”.

* And, before I leave FORBES.COM, Robert W Wood provides “New Year Resolutions...About Your Taxes” for taxpayers.

* Speaking of resolutions, KPE gets into the act with “Five Tax Resolutions to Make for 2020”, also for taxpayers, at her BLOOMBERG TAX blog.

* As you begin to get ready to prepare your 2019 tax returns, I suggest you read my book “TAX SMARTS: MY BEST ADVICE FROM 45+ YEARS AS A TAX PROFESSIONAL”.

Fellow tax blogger Russ Fox of TAXABLE TALK has said of this book - “The . . . pages of tax advice within the e-book (a pdf document) are full of good, common-sense advice  . . . any individual who follows Robert’s advice will be far, far better off than those who don’t.”

It is also available as an e-book for reading on Kindle.  Click here.

* From Manasa Sogal Nadig’s THE BUZZ ABOUT TAXES (I like the title) – “SECURE Act BIG Retirement Plan Changes: Major Take-AwaysRead More Here!

TTFN
















No comments: