Monday, January 27, 2020
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
* Check out “An Open Letter to Congress” from Tax Mama Eva Rosenberg at TAX BUZZ (I like the title).
Right on, sister Eva!
* FYI – I have “resurrected” a non-tax blog at a new address – BOBSERVATIONS. Check out my first post about “The Bayonne Bleeder”.
* Kay Bell does a good job of “Decoding your W-2” as part of her “Tax Forms Tuesday” series at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* NATP answers the question “What is a statutory employee?” at its BLOG.
You cannot just magically become a “statutory employee” merely by calling yourself one. As the post explains, only certain types of employees can be considered a statutory employee.
* Don’t be in such a hurry. Returning to Kay Bell, she lists “6 reasons to wait to file your taxes” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES. The most important are #1 and #2.
But also, don’t wait till the last minute. Many tax pros, myself included, have a cut off date for accepting work to be done by the 4/15 deadline. Mine is Saturday, March 14th (but whatever you do, don’t send me your stuff – I no longer accept any new clients under any circumstances).
And if you will not be filing your return by April 15th be sure to submit a Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension) by April 15th.
THE LAST WORD
The targeted audience of the presentation of the House Managers was the American people and Republican Senators. As it should be
The targeted audience of the Trump defense team presentation will be Trump and his core cult of ignorant racists. Period.
Defending and protecting Trump is NOT about defending and protecting conservative values.
Defending and protecting Trump is NOT about defending and protecting Christian values.
Trump is NOT a conservative and NOT a Christian.
Defending and protecting Trump is about defending and protecting a demagogue and a wannabe dictator who cares about absolutely nothing but himself and will do anything to remain in power.