Monday, May 4, 2020
WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?
* FORBES.COM’s TaxGirl Kelly Phillips Erb explains “Working From Home Doesn’t Always Equal A Home Office Tax Deduction Even If You Have NoOther Option”.
* For NY State tax filers – the New York Department of Taxation and Finance has a Q+A page on “Tax Department response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”.
* Want to know how much your stimulus check will be? KIPLINGER.COM has a “Stimulus Check Calculator”.
* And Russ Fox provides a chart to answer the question “When Will the Stimulus Checks be Mailed?" At TAXABLE TALK.
This chart is from early in April, so I do not know if it has been updated. Does anyone have a more recent timetable?
* Kay Bell warns us “May Day! Mayday! Don't fall for these 5 COVID-19 relief payment myths” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
* KIPLINGER.COM answers “10 Questions Retirees Often Get Wrong About Taxes in Retirement”.