Monday, December 21, 2020


* If you moved in 2020 be sure to tell the IRS.  Click here.

* And if you changed your name due to marriage or divorce, or for any other reason, be sure to tell the Social Security Administration.  Click here.

If your name and Social Security number on a federal income tax return does not match exactly your name and Social Security number in SSA records it could seriously delay your refund.

* FORBES.COM blogger Laurence Kotlikoff answers your questions about Social Security in ASK LARRY.

* How did I miss this?  From a November post to Jason Dinesen’s blog – “Retirement Savers Credit and Prior Retirement Withdrawals”.  

* Check out my latest post at FRIENDS OF THEATRE AND ART.


* A reminder from Kay Bell at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES – “If you receive unemployment benefits, expect to receive Form 1099-G”.


I would make one comment on the title.  While you will be issued a Form 1099-G do not necessarily expect to receive it.  Many states, NJ included, no longer mail out these forms to unemployment recipients, just as they no longer mail out Form 1099-Gs for state tax refunds.  You have to go online to the website where you applied for the benefits to download and print the form.  Be sure to do so – and give the copy to your tax preparer.


* Kelly Phillips Erb began the “12 Days Of Charitable Giving 2020” series at her TAXGIRL blog with “Voices Of Ascension”.  Day 2 was “Center On Wrongful Convictions Of Youth”.



No comments: