Friday, October 29, 2021

WHAT’S THE BUZZ, TELL ME WHAT’S A HAPPENNIN’?

 

Not much to report, but, as usual, I do not want to end a week without any BUZZ.  I had prepared a BUZZ installment for last week but it got totally lost in Word. 

BTW - I completed the last Form 1040 (actually 1040-SR) of my 50th tax filing season on Tuesday, October 12th and delivered it to the client on Wednesday, October 13th.  I am now officially retired from preparing 1040s!

Don’t worry – I haven’t retired from writing.  I will continue to post here at THE WANDERING TAX PRO.

* A person who qualifies as a “real estate professional” is entitled to certain tax benefits when deducting rental losses.  The NATP BLOG answers the question “How do you determine if a taxpayer is considered a real estate professional?

* The NATP Blog also discusses “Navigating home office deductions”.

* This just in - “IRS extends tax deadlines for some Hurricane Ida victims in Mississippi” - from Michael Cohn at ACCOUNTING TODAY.

TTFN












 

No comments: