* With Halloween on her mind, Kay Bell, the yellow rose of taxes, warns “Online tax scammers keep the scares coming year-round” at DON’T MESS WITH TAXES.
“The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) just this week warned that scammers are sending yet another phony Internal Revenue Service email about COVID-19 relief payments.”
* And Kay begins the new month with “6 tax moves to make this November”.
* A tutorial from Patrick Villanova at YAHOO FINANCE – “Gift Tax, Explained: 2021 Exemption and Rates”.
* It’s that time of year again. The JS TAX CORPORATION’s November newsletter highlights “Tax Moves to Make Before Year-End”.
You can use my “What’s New for Taxes in 2021” compilation to help in your year-end tax planning. For only $1.00 (check or money order payable to TAXES AND ACCOUNTING, INC) I will send it to you as a pdf email attachment. Send your payment and email address to WHAT’S NEW FOR 2021, Taxes and Accounting, Inc, Post Office Box A, Hawley PA 18428.
* Kelly Phillips Erb, aka TaxGirl, talks about “When ‘I Do’ Becomes ‘Tax Due': Marital Tax Debts” at her BLOOMBERG.COM blog.