Tuesday, February 1, 2022

THE TWELVE DAYS OF TAX SEASON

 And now – what you have been waiting a year for – 

THE TWELVE DAYS OF TAX SEASON 

On the first day of tax season my client gave to me a Letter 6475 to report the Economic Stimulus Payment (with incorrect information).

On the second day of tax season my client gave to me 2 year-end brokerage statements.

On the third day of tax season my client gave to me 3 mortgage statements (without, of course, any analysis of how much of the mortgage interest reported represents interest on acquisition debt).

On the fourth day of tax season my client gave to me 4 W-2s.

On the fifth day of tax season my client gave to me 5 Salvation Army receipts.

On the sixth day of tax season my client gave to me 6 1099-DIVs.

On the seventh day of tax season my client gave to me 7 cancelled checks.

On the eighth day of tax season my client gave to me 8 useless items.

On the ninth day of tax season my client gave to me 9 medical bills.

On the tenth day of tax season my client gave to me 10 stock sale confirms.

On the eleventh day of tax season my client gave to me 11 employee business expenses (despite being no longer deductible).

On the twelfth day of tax season my client got from me a finished tax return, 11 employee business expenses, 10 stock sale confirms, 9 medical bills, 8 useless items, 7 cancelled checks, 6 1099-DIVs, 5 Salvation Army receipts, 4 W-2s, 3 mortgage statements, 2 year-end brokerage reports, and a Letter 6475 to report the Economic Stimulus Payment (with incorrect information).

And, of course, on the thirteenth day of tax season my client gave to me a corrected Consolidated 1099 from Wells Fargo Advisors!

TTFN












No comments: